Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Growing



Addison hit the 10 month mark late last week. I have no doubt in my mind that she will be walking before she turns one. She has incredible balance, she just needs the right motivation to move forward. She has taken "a" step here and there but then lunges forward to grab on to something (or someone). Any day now. I just hope I can get it on camera! She also popped out her two top front teeth...and has been sleeping through the night ever since! Woo hoo! She may not be teething as much at the moment but everything still goes into her mouth. She has this one toy, a pink pig, that she loves to carry around in her mouth. It's just as cute as can be. She just pops it in and then carries on with herself, crawling around the house with it in her mouth. I really need to get a picture of this!



She tries to repeat a lot of what we say. In addition to waving she also says bye bye and now also waves hello (hi). I walked into daycare one afternoon and as soon as she saw me she waved, then speed crawled across the room with a huge smile on her face. We've notice she loves to dance but even her daycare teachers tell us how much she moves throughout the day. They say she even bops to the beat when they put on music! We had started "real" finger foods/solids here at home but now even daycare has requested it. They say she is ready and ready she is! Her pincer grasp amazes me. She loves having pancakes or waffles with us on the weekends.  I don't remember Connor eating foods like this until he was closer to one. But then again I used to be terrified he would choke so I probably held him back a bit :p On one hand I want her to grow and hit all of these fun and important milestones, but on the other I don't want to lose my baby girl. It's a little bittersweet.


Connor will be three in just one more month. I can't believe it. He continues to amaze me on a daily basis. Sometimes I wonder when my (first) baby grew up on me! He has grown out of his "Why?" stage and has moved onto doing everything "by MY self!" Everything. Or you will hear about it! It's great, really, but it can also be trying at times. Mostly because he doesn't tell us he wants to do it until after it is done. So we do things multiple times around here for now. The only thing that keeps him from being a true big boy is his diaper. Yes. He is still wearing a pull up. He has good days and bad days but the truth of the matter is he just isn't ready. I think the last several busy, hectic and eventful months have been a huge contributing factor. One step forward....two steps back. Can you blame him? In the last 6 months he moved 3 times, has had 3 different teachers and surgery! Oh, and not to mention having to adjust to sharing Mommy and Daddy....and his toys! We couldn't be more proud. He is one smart, incredible kid. And he can make us laugh like no other. He definitely has a sense of humor on him. Not sure where he gets that from actually. I know I'm not funny!

So in less than 2 months I'll have a 1 year old and a 3 year old. Wow! And we're loving every second of it...


No comments:

Post a Comment