Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Birthday Fun


We did something different to celebrate my birthday this year. A new venue opened up called Top Golf so we checked it out. It's basically a glorified driving range and it looked super fun. It has 3 levels with a lit up range, music, TVs, food and beverages. We went on Martin Luther King day as most of us had it off and could get there relatively early. We thought we'd get there by 5:30 to golf from 6 - 7 and then have dinner. Sounded like a good plan but we hadn't anticipated it being crazy busy. We got there to find a 2 - 4 hour wait. Ugh. We lucked out though and only waited an hour and a half and we were able to hang in the bar in the meantime. It could have been worse. They said they have had up to a 6 hour wait on Friday's and Saturday's. I think we'll definitely go back but we will wait for the newness to die down a bit. 




We had a lot of fun and it was the first time swinging a club for most of us girls. I don't think we did too bad ;) 



Thanks to those that made it out to celebrate. And it was a special treat to have Andrew and Ashley there who were in town visiting from NYC.

 
The kids drew me pictures to hang at my desk

Birthday love from my girl :)

We didn't have much planned for my actual birthday. We were supposed to attend an event at Connor's school but he got in trouble that day so his punishment was not being able to go. Kinda ruined all of our plans but you gotta do what you gotta do. We had dinner at Outback and then headed home for desert.

John baked brownies from one of my new cookbooks. They were wheat and dairy free and they were delicious.

Thank you all for the sweet messages and cards you sent. They each brightened my day in their own special way. Muah! 

XOXOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment