Saturday, June 28, 2014

Father's Day Weekend


We spent Father's Day weekend at Anna Maria Island with Grandma, Papa, Aunt Nancy, Uncle Mark and his girlfriend Irene. We celebrated Nancy's birthday Saturday and Father's Day on Sunday. We had an amazing weekend!

The water was really rough when on Friday. I was hoping to get in a some open water training but it was way too rough for this amateur. The water calmed down a little each day and by Sunday I was brave enough to do it. It was a good thing too because no amount of pool swimming could have prepared me for my first open water swim. The water was flat by the time we left on Monday which is what I hope I have on the day of my triathlon! 


The pool at the rental house
 We saw many beautiful skies, it was hard to leave on Monday!!

I squeezed in a couple morning beach runs :) I could run for days with that kind of view!


The kids thoroughly enjoyed all the beach and pool time. Connor was swimming like a fish and Addie finally braved her water wings all by herself!



Sing it with me! "I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand. Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand. Life is good today."












Connor making a sand angel. Who needs snow?


I took a bunch of pictures over the weekend which you can view here.

Thank you, Papa and Grandma, for an wonderful weekend! XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment