Tuesday, July 26, 2011

4 Months Old!

 
Addison is 4 months old today! I’m sure I sound like a broken record but where has the time gone? We took her in for her 4 month checkup this morning. Her doctor was pleased and she continues to grow right along her growth chart curve. Her new stats are as follows:

Height: 23 ½ inches (25th percentile)
Weight: 13 lbs 6 oz (50th percentile)
Head: 15 ½ inches (10-25th percentile)

She handled her shots like a pro! I don’t think she even realized she had received the first one. She was still too grossed out from the Rotavirus vaccine (given orally). After the second one she cried but for a super short period of time. John and I were impressed!

Waiting for the doctor
She loves to play with her hands and is starting to reach and grab for things. We have moved her from the bassinet to the pack-n-play as she was getting too big for it. It was a surprisingly smooth transition. I thought she would have a harder time as we also stopped swaddling her at the same time. We are now working on putting her to bed awake but that can be hard. She has no trouble going to sleep and will sometimes fall asleep on our walk from the living room to our bedroom! I really need to work on dropping the 2 am dream feed but it’s hard while she is still in our room. I had reported last month that she was sleeping from 10:30 or so until 5 am but as soon as I blogged about it she quit doing it. I usually get up to feed her twice a night.


We also got out the jumper toy now that she can hold her head steady while supported. She can’t quite enjoy the toy to its full potential just yet (not tall enough). I think she is going to love it when she can though! The girl loves to move her legs.

She rolled over for the first time, from tummy to back, a couple of weeks ago. I had a hard time getting this on video but finally managed. I checked Connor’s milestones and they hit this one almost the same week! The doctor has said they will likely do things around the same time.


We were given the go ahead to start solids if we so choose but we’re going to wait until she is closer to 6 months as we did with Connor. I don’t see the big rush in this and it’s better for the baby, give her more time for her tummy to mature. She’s obviously getting all the nutrients she needs :) 

Happy 4 month Birthday Addison!! Click here to view a few more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment