Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hutchinson Island

We took the kids to Stuart, FL this past weekend to visit their great grandparents, Busia and Dzia Dzia. I was a little worried about our three hour car trip given Addie's history, but I am happy to report that she and Connor both did fantastic in the car. We left around 9:30 AM, arriving in Stuart right around 12:30 PM. We visited and ate and the kids played with their new books from Busia. Connor and Addie didn't nap in the car and never really got whiney  all day. I was still skeptical and kept waiting for the meltdown to being. We decided we should eat dinner earlier than later just in case.

Busia and Dzia Dzia took us to dinner at Chili's around 5 PM. We had a good time at dinner and both kids were still quite pleasant! After dinner we left for our hotel. Addie didn't make the 10 minute drive to Hutchinson Island where we were staying though. It was about 7:30 PM at that point so I figured we would just carry her up and get ready for bed. I was wrong again! Addie perked right up like she had just taken a power nap. They were both so excited to be at the hotel and on the beach. We quickly went down to the beach before we lost all of our daylight. It hadn't been a very pretty day but it was a gorgeous night. The kids had a blast running around and playing in the sand. We finally headed to our room once we lost our daylight to get the buckaroos ready for bed. It had been a long day!
The view from our hotel room


Connor took this picture :)

After showering them off and getting settled in, the kids watched a couple videos on the iPad and iPhone to wind down. John and I were fully prepared to go to bed with the kids but we lucked out and got a room with a balcony. The kids went down at 10 PM and we sat outside for another hour before calling it a night. We all slept until 9 AM the NEXT morning! Crazy! Connor and Addie were clearly warn out and we'll sleep until they get up any day :-)
We beached it for a couple of hours before we had to check out. The tide is much stronger on the East coast so I wasn't comfortable taking the kids in the water so they took turns with Daddy. We lucked out with the weather because as soon as we left the clouds rolled in. We headed back over to Busia and Dzia Dzia's for one more visit before leaving to go back home.

The trip home took almost four hours and we were blinded by the sun almost the entire way but I am still very happy with how well everyone did in the car. We had a great weekend!  Thank you, Nancy, for taking care of our doggies while we were away!!
You can view these and a few more pictures from our weekend here.

No comments:

Post a Comment