Monday, December 3, 2012

Thanksgiving

 
This post is way overdue. Things are as crazy as ever, especially now that the holidays have officially arrived. I'm going to try to stay more current so that I don't feel like I have so much to catch up on. You may not get the 'full story' but you'll at least see pictures. At least for now until things slow down for us.
 
But not now....
 
We spent Thanksgiving in Waldo with BeBe and Grandpa. Addison did pretty good on the car ride there so our vacation started off on the right foot. We got to see almost all of my Gainesville family which is a rarity in one trip. We can at least count on Thanksgiving for that :) We spent the whole day eating, drinking and visiting. What more could you ask for? I'm very thankful to have such a great family!
 

 
 
On Friday my cousins Jessica and David drove down from Dixie, GA with Layla and Megan. Layla (almost 6 months old) is Jessica's baby that I had not had the chance to meet yet. She is a doll! I don't think she ever stopped smiling the entire time she was there. The last time I saw Jessica she was about 8 months pregnant. And I can't even remember the last time I saw David. Probably when Jessica got married. It was awesome to see them to say the least.
 
 
We tried our best to get a good picture of all the kids together. Lots of bloopers in the picture link. At least one of them is cooperating in each picture, but none of them all at the same time. This one is probably the best.
 
 
John helped my Dad put together his greenhouse while we were there. Connor had fun 'helping' and Addison just had fun running around outside. The disassembled greenhouse is kept on the side of the house when not in use. Several frogs had apparently made it there home. The kids were thrilled by the frogs.
 
 
 
We decided to head back to Tampa Friday night as opposed to Sunday to beat the holiday traffic. It has historically taken us longer to get home on that day and with our moody traveler we don't want to extend our time in the car if at all possible. Addie ended up doing pretty good but you just never know with her. It was nice to get home earlier than planned though. We took the kids to the park on Saturday and later watched the FL/FSU game. Go Gators! Enough said. And Sunday we went ahead and got our tree!
 
 
We are still slowly decorating for Christmas. A little here and a little there as we have time. I'll make sure to post the finished product :)
 
If you have time you can view the rest of my pictures here.
 
~Happy Holidays~





No comments:

Post a Comment