Thursday, August 23, 2012

Waldo Visit

We made an impromptu visit to Waldo a couple of weekends ago to visit my family. We had not been up since May and BeBe and Grandpa hadn't seen the kids since they were here the 1st of June. We left right after work on Friday, straight from picking the kids up from day care. We really didn't know how it was going to go with Addie being in the car that long. John had to work that night so we didn't want to get in too late. I thought for sure she'd be fine. I was loaded with snacks, dum dums, movies...anything a kid could ask for. Our trip went great the first hour. That was about when Addie had decided she had had enough of the car and started fussing. The fussing turned to whining which quickly turned to crying. It didn't bother us as much as you'd think it would. We've become accustomed to it if anything, but when she started crying so hard that she started choking we knew we had to stop. So we took a break at the next rest stop so she could get out and run around for a bit. She was happy as a clam. Then she tripped and got her first strawberry. Man, not her day. She hardly made a fuss over it though, didn't seem to even notice the blood. Funny that she can hurt herself and not even bat an eye, but heaven forbid you strap her into a car seat for more than an hour. So we left around 5 pm and got to Waldo around 8 pm. Not too bad considering, we were just happy to get there. BeBe and Grandpa filled our belly's with steak and wine and we all went to bed happy.
Not so much :(
Saturday we got to spend some time with Nana and my Uncle Dominique. Connor and Addie did a little skinny dipping when we got back to BeBe and Grandpa's. Later that evening my Uncle Steve came over for dinner. Connor helped BeBe with the dishes afterwards. He loved it! I need to start putting that boy to work at home ;)

One of my best friends, Jessica, came over with her girls on Sunday. We'd hoped to have a fun filled pool day but the weather wasn't in our favor. We did get our dip in the pool but it didn't last that long. Connor had a great time playing with Taylor and Kaleigh though. They also had fun playing with Grandpa's racetrack in the pool room.

Uncle Chris joined us for dinner Sunday night before we left. It was great seeing everyone again. Unfortunately it will probably be awhile before we make the trip back up. Our trip home was even more miserable than our trip there. We left around 7:30 pm in hopes the kids would sleep most of the way home as it's easy to transfer them to their own beds, especially after such a busy weekend. Addison fell asleep around 8 pm and then we noticed Connor nodding off about 30 minutes later. Next thing you know Addie is wide awake. And not happy she is in the car when she'd rather be in her bed. She is a tummy sleeper so I know she just couldn't get comfortable. So naturally she started crying. Her crying woke up Connor who started crying because he wanted to be sleeping, which was impossible to do with Addie's crying. And Jackson kept standing up and repositioning himself, which caused Zoey to have to reposition herself. He's getting too old for long car trips. It was too dark and late to stop so we just kept driving. Addie never got as worked up as she did on the way there, but it was on and off the rest of the way. We were all miserable and so happy to get home. We had a great time though and, as always, so good to see everyone!! :)

She's bound to outgrow this one day, right? RIGHT?

More pictures from our trip here.

No comments:

Post a Comment