Monday, June 27, 2011

Father's Day Weekend

I’m a little behind on my posts…but I have a good excuse! I started back to work last Monday. It was a rough week for me :( Addison seems to have adjusted just fine to daycare. It was a little harder for me. I miss her so much and really enjoyed my time home with her. It was a little easier leaving her this morning and will only get easier from here. You’d think it would have been easier the second time around but it isn’t.

We spent Father’s Day weekend in Waldo visiting my parents (BeBe and Grandpa). We headed up Thursday night. We had hoped the kids would sleep the whole way there (2 hrs) like they did on our trip to Cape Haze. This was not the case. Addison nearly cried the entire way there. Luckily Connor slept through most of it. Not sure if it was his ‘nap’ in the car or being in a different place, but Connor was not easy to go down. I think it was after 1 am before he was asleep. Poor John had to work when we got there and didn’t get to bed until 3 am or so, only to have Connor wake up again at 5:30 :/ Addison did a little better but needless to say we didn’t get a good night’s rest that night. Since I was going to be going back to work Monday morning, we decided we would leave Sunday afternoon instead of evening. Just in case…we didn’t need another repeat of that!
The Marquart family came over on Friday to hang out. We had a great time visiting and watching the kids play in the pool. Jessica’s parents even stopped by for a short bit to meet Addison. Addie loved mama Rhodes, she gave her the biggest smiles! Saturday we celebrated several birthdays. My dad and his twin, Steve, turned the big 6-0! It was also my uncle Dominique’s birthday. We had the whole family over and even had 3 cakes! For Father’s Day we enjoyed a fish-fry before heading back to Orlando. The fish was all caught by my uncle Steve!

I wish I could report our drive home was better than our trip there but I can’t. Addie cried most of the way home. Somehow Connor slept through an hour of it :) We relaxed at home and grilled Steaks for dinner, then I had to get ready for work the next day. This mainly entailed getting Addie ready for daycare and figuring out our morning routine.

I only cried 2 or 3 times Monday. Which I thought was good! Addie’s note from Monday said Connor came to visit her during the day. I talked to her teacher about it and she said Addison was all smiles when he came in and cried when he left. We decided to visit daycare on our lunch break on Tuesday. Connor was at lunch when we got there and just beamed when he saw us. It was so sweet…he turned to the boy next to him and pointed to us and said Mama! Dada! like he was so proud of us :) John asked his teacher who his best friend was (which we knew was Zachary because Connor tells us, but wanted to see what the teacher would say). She surprised us by asking Connor out loud in front of the group, but even more so was when Zachary yelled out, “Me!”. How cute is that? It killed Connor to see us leave. We hadn’t even thought about that. We have never gone to daycare without leaving with him and he did not like that one bit. He cried and cried. We won’t do that again, we felt terrible!

Oh, I have another cute story. Before his bath we have been trying the potty lately. We haven’t had any success but we are trying to get the idea in his head. Well, Monday night Connor went pee pee in the potty. To say he was excited would be an understatement. I had texted our parents with the good news. Grandma called right away and Connor was yelling “I go pee pee potty! I go pee pee potty!” over and over while jumping (on his knees) in the bathtub. I wish I had thought to get the video camera. It hasn’t happened again since but it was still an exciting evening :)

Click here to view our pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment